Starting in March, the Berkshire Athenaeum will kick off its series of monthly community expos to expand the public’s awareness of service and resource organizations throughout the city and Berkshire County.
On Monday, March 19, the library will host the “Job Resources and Soft Skills Training” expo from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in the library’s reading room on the main floor. The event is free and no registration is required.
“The community expos will provide a safe, welcoming space for patrons to interact with organizations that provide direct services to our community,” said Outreach Librarian Alex Geller.
The March event will include representatives from BerkshireWorks, Pittsfield Adult Learning Center, Berkshire Community College’s College and Career Navigator, Goodwill’s Job Readiness Program, and Community Legal Aid.
The expo will also allow participants to:
- Meet with job training professionals
- Learn how to search for job listings, write resumes, and build interview skills
- Register for job training classes
- Learn about new career opportunities
- Sign up for free college and career preparation sessions
- Learn how to receive free legal representation (for under-resourced and elderly persons in western Massachusetts)
Dates and topics for the remaining expo events are as follows: April 24, “The Environment and Land Stewardship,” and May 15, “Food Access.”
For more information, please contact Geller at 413-499-9480 ext. 202.