The offices of Congressman Richard E. Neal and Mayor Linda Tyer are pleased to present a free community screening of the HBO documentary, “Heroin: Cape Cod USA” at 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 19 at Berkshire Community College (BCC).
A panel discussion will be held afterwards. Both events will be held in Room K111 in the college’s Koussevitsky Arts Center. The college is located at 1350 West Street.
“I want to thank Congressman Neal for his advocacy and support toward arranging this screening in the city of Pittsfield. This powerful documentary speaks to the national and local crisis that is devastating our communities. I am thankful for this opportunity to come together to watch the film and to engage in a meaningful conversation that will help our loved ones battling addiction. It is my hope that everyone who can attend make every effort to do so,” said Mayor Linda M. Tyer.
Panel discussion participants include:
- John Rogers, Vice President and General Counsel,Berkshire Health Systems (Moderator)
- Richard E. Neal, U.S. Representative, First Congressional District of MA
- Linda Tyer, Pittsfield Mayor
- Richard Alcombright, North Adams Mayor
- David Capeless, Berkshire County District Attorney
- Michael Wynn, Pittsfield Police Chief
- Thomas Bowler, Berkshire County Sheriff
- Alex Sabo, MD, Berkshire Medical Center
- Ananda Timpane, Executive Director, Railroad Street Youth Project (RSYP)
For more information, please call the Office of the Mayor at 499-9322.