Q: What types of licenses are issued by the Licensing Board?
A: The following types of licenses are issued by the Licensing Board:
- Automatic Amusement Devices - Pool Table, Video Games, Jukebox, etc. (Coin Operated)
- Bowling Alley (Per Alley)
- Conveyance Commodities (Per Truck)
- Common Victualler (Rest.) - Food Service Establishment
- Class I - New Car Dealer
- Class II - Used Car Dealer
- Class III - Junk Car Dealer
- Entertainment - DJ, Bands, Karaoke, Live Performances, etc.
- Fortune Teller
- Hawkers & Peddlers
- Inn holder - Motel / Hotel
- Junk Collector
- Junk Dealer
- Limo (Per Vehicle)
- Lodging Houses
- Parking Lots
- Pool/Billiards (Per Table)
- Popcorn Wagon
- Special Event - Festivals, road races, Farmer’s Markets, block parties, carnivals, parades, etc.
- Taxi (Per Vehicle) – Requires approval from the Taxicab Commission
- Transient Vendor
- Christmas Trees
- Licenses to Sell Alcoholic Beverages - All Alcoholic Restaurants, Wine and Malt Restaurants, All Alcoholic Hotels (Inn holders), All Alcoholic General On-Premise, All Alcoholic Clubs, All Alcoholic Package Stores, Wine and Malt Package Stores, Special One-day Permits.
Q: How do I apply for a license?
A: Applications for most types of licenses can be found on the Application Forms section of the Licensing Board’s webpages. If you need an application that is not available online, please contact the Licensing Board by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (413) 499-9363. The Licensing Board, located in the City Clerk's office, is open weekdays from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
All application submissions need to be one original and six (6) copies. Workman’s Compensation and Tax Verification forms must accompany each application. You must submit the complete application, along with payment and required number of copies, in order for the application to be brought before the Licensing Board.
Q: Who are the members of the Licensing Board?
A: Please refer to the Staff section of the Licensing Board’s webpages for a complete list of Board Members.