RSVP is a national organization funded in part by the Corporation for National & Community Service (Senior Corps) and sponsored locally by the City of Pittsfield. RSVP has chapters in every county of our country, with over a half million volunteers nationwide making a positive difference impacting communities. The RSVP Volunteer Program in Berkshire County provides recruitment, training and placement of persons 55 years of age and over as volunteers. The program enables volunteers to use their time and lifetime experience to meet new people, help others, be productive and creative, grow personally, explore new careers and make a difference through community service assignments.
RSVP will assume a major leadership role in addressing the community issues of education, public safety, health, environmental and human service needs in the City of Pittsfield and in Berkshire County, MA.
RSVP believes that adult citizens and the community benefit when the skill and experience of persons 55+ are utilized in a volunteer capacity. RSVP is a national organization which validates and provides a structure for adult volunteerism.
RSVP Mission is:
- To encourage mature adults to volunteer and to match their skills and interests with appropriate community service assignments.
- To provide adult volunteers and project services which assist at-risk low income individuals and contribution to the success of community agencies and municipal departments in Berkshire County.
- To work in partnership with local groups and agencies to identify unmet needs and to design projects which make a measurable impact and improvement for those in need.
- To promote the concept of volunteerism.
Berkshire County RSVP volunteers are participating enthusiastically in a wide array of community service projects such as:
- Junior Achievement Program (K-5)
- Free Van Transportation (Medical/Volunteering/Social)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Disaster Recovery Project
- American Cancer Society Road to Recovery cancer patient transportation
- Senior Meal Sites, exciting, one time community events and celebrations
- Pittsfield Visitors Center
- Community Neighborhood Initiative Projects
- Environmental projects (e.g., Arbor Day, Tree Watch and many more)
RSVP Advisory Board meetings are held monthly (except July & August) to review matters pertaining to budget, staffing, program projects and related policies.
Take a look at some of the things we do!