Check out the City of Pittsfield's new Trash & Recyclables campaign!
View the video below to learn more!
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DAY: OCTOBER 23, 2021
For Residents of Pittsfield & Dalton
Pre-registration is required by 10/20/2021 for all participants; visit https://tinyurl.com/HazDaySignup.
Those without computer access may call 413-499-9330 (Pittsfield) 413-684-6111, ext. 11 (Dalton) to register.
9 am – 1 pm on Saturday October 23, 2021
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Department of Public Utilities Administration Division administers the City's trash and recyclables collection and disposal contracts with Casella Waste Services and Community Eco Power. Please contact the Department of Public Utilities Administration Office at (413) 499-9330 if you should have any questions.
The City provides its residents with the following options for trash/waste/refuse disposal:
- Beyond the Bin Search for places to dispose of items
- New Recycling Changes - Effective, July 1st
- Trash and Recyclables FAQs
- Curbside Trash Collection
- Curbside Recyclables Collection - Recycling Calendar
- Curbside Bulky Waste Collection Program
- Electronics Recycling Event (Intermittently)
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program
- Pay-As-You-Throw (PAYT) Program
- How Do I Dispose Of...
- How Do I Dispose Of (Spanish Version)
- Community ECO Power Residents Drop Off Price List
Community Eco Power Residential Waste Drop Off
Community Eco Power’s residential drop off area will be closed from November 14 through November 25, 2021 for scheduled repairs.
Community Eco Power (CEP) is open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, please contact the Department of Public Utilities at 413-499-9330.
CEP is providing critical, essential services during this extraordinary time.
At this time of uncertainty due to COVID-19, Community Eco Power is working daily with our local communities and customers to keep our facilities operating. Waste disposal is essential to our communities, and our dedicated team members are on the job to ensure that these services continue in a safe and sustainable manner.
Regarding the CEP Pittsfield residential waste drop off, CEP must ask that the Pittsfield residents comply with the following changes until the rules for social distancing relax.
While waiting in line,
- Please stay in your vehicle. Paying for disposal
- Please stay in your vehicle, the CEP employee, wearing the correct PPE, will approach your vehicle Discarding your material
- Only one vehicle to a time will be allowed in the waste receiving area
In these uncertain times we continue to focus on our top priority – the safety and health of our employees, customers.
CEP understands these changes are inconvenient and thank you for your cooperation