Click here for latest event information from the Commonwealth.
All applicants must include/attach a Safety Plan that addresses COVID-19 at the time of submission
Thank you for considering Pittsfield as the venue for your organization's special event. The application process ensures that all City departments involved in special event permitting have an opportunity to review the event and provide guidance on additional permits and licenses that may be needed.
You can view out Special Event FAQ here.
For your convenience, effective September 10, 2018, the City of Pittsfield has adopted online permitting for the submittal of Special Event Permit Applications.
Paper permit applications will no longer be accepted as of September 10, 2018. If you do not own a computer or if you need assistance using a computer, both are available. Computer kiosks are located on the mezzanine level of 100 North Street, in the Health Department, Department of Public Utilities, and Building Inspectors offices. Assistance can be obtained by contacting the Recreation & Special Events Coordinator at 413-499-9371 during normal business hours. Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:00pm.
- Applicants will no longer have to obtain signatures from other departments when submitting a permit application, as this process will be done internally between departments. However, should a department need to meet in person with the applicant; an email or chat will be sent to the applicant with the pertinent information.
- The non-refundable application fee is $25.00 and can be paid online with Visa, Master Card, Discover, Amex and debit from a checking account.
APPLICANTS WHO REGISTER, (this takes less than 5 minutes) will benefit by the following:
- Much of the information will auto-fill on the permit application after your original registration.
- Applicants have the ability to view the status of their application and comments from other departments, including whether additional information is required.
- Edit an application before the permit is issued.
- Add attachments (plans, pictures, specs, license(s), certificates of insurance, etc.) to the application.
- The capability of “chatting” online directly with the any City of Pittsfield department staff involved in the application process.
- Track all permitting history.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
Step 1) Pop up blockers: Pop up blockers in Windows must be shutoff.
Step 2) If you will be a registered user - Register with Full Circle Technologies, Inc. Note: If you currently have a user id for the Clerk's program you may use your login and password. If you have never used the Clerk's program you must create a new user account.
Step 3) Apply for a permit by visiting the online permitting page.
FILLING OUT A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT APPLICATION, (after you have logged onto the online permitting website).
- Click on New Application located at the upper left hand side of the home page form.
- Choose your street from the drop down menu.
- Choose your street number from the pulldown menu.
- Complete the remaining fields
- Note: fields with a red * are required fields.
- Select the appropriate permit application from the dropdown menu.
- Select Next
- The Special Event Permit Application Checklist will then need to be read and filled out with any pertinent information pertaining to your event. When finished, click submit.
You will be notified via email regarding the status of your application.
All vendors must have a Hawker & Peddler license issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and then register that license with the Licensing Board in order to participate in your Special Event.
The authorized special event permit must be posted in a visible location at your event.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Recreation & Special Events Coordinator at 413-499-9371.