All applicants must include/attach a Safety Plan that addresses COVID-19 at the time of submission
Click here for latest event information from the Commonwealth.
Thank you for considering Pittsfield as the venue for your organization's special event. The application process ensures that all City departments involved in special event permitting have an opportunity to review the event and provide guidance on additional permits and licenses that may be needed.
You can view our Special Event FAQ here.
The City of Pittsfield has online permitting for the submittal of Special Event Permit Applications. If you do not own a computer or if you need assistance using a computer, both are available. A computer kiosk is located on the mezzanine level of 100 North Street in the Building Inspections office. Office hours are Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Assistance can be obtained by contacting the Recreation & Special Events Coordinator at 413-499-9371 Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m..
- Applicants will not have to obtain signatures from other departments when submitting a permit application, as this process will be done internally between departments. However, should a department need to meet in person with the applicant; an email or chat will be sent to the applicant with the pertinent information.
- The non-refundable application fee is $25.00 and can be paid online with Visa, Master Card, Discover, Amex and debit from a checking account.
APPLICANTS WHO REGISTER, (this takes less than 5 minutes) will benefit by the following:
- Much of the information will auto-fill on the permit application after your original registration.
- Applicants have the ability to view the status of their application and comments from other departments, including whether additional information is required.
- Edit an application before the permit is issued.
- Add attachments (plans, pictures, specs, license(s), certificates of insurance, etc.) to the application.
- The capability of “chatting” online directly with the any City of Pittsfield department staff involved in the application process.
- Track all permitting history.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
Step 1) Pop up blockers: Pop up blockers in Windows must be shutoff.
Step 2) Register with Full Circle Technologies, Inc. Note: If you currently have a user id for the Clerk's program you may use your login and password. If you have never used the Clerk's program you must create a new user account.
Step 3) Apply for a permit by visiting the online permitting page.
FILLING OUT A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT APPLICATION, (after you have logged onto the online permitting website).
- Click on "Apply for New Permit" located at the upper left hand side of the home page.
- Choose the street of the event location from the drop down menu.
- Choose the street number of the event location from the pulldown menu.
- Complete the remaining fields
- Note: fields with a red * are required fields.
- Select "Special Event Permit Application" from the Type of Application dropdown menu.
- Select Next
- Complete the fields
- Once fields have been completed, click on the Submit button (which should have appeared)
- The Special Event Permit Application Checklist will then need to be read and filled out with any pertinent information pertaining to your event. When finished, click submit.
You will be notified via email regarding the status of your application.
All vendors must have a Hawker & Peddler license issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and then register that license with the Licensing Board in order to participate in your Special Event.
The authorized special event permit must be posted in a visible location at your event.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Recreation & Special Events Coordinator at 413-499-9371.