Recent Zoning Amendments
- Tyler Street Overlay District, Base Map, and Text Changes (approved and ordained)
- Solar Energy Systems (approved and ordained)
- Wireless Communications - Facilities (approved and ordained)
- Wireless Communications - Siting and Design Guidelines (approved and ordained)
- Recreational and Medical Marijuana (approved and ordained)
Unless the chicken keeping activity is part of an active agricultural use as defined under Mass General Law Chapter 40A Section 3 or on a parcel containing 5 or more acres, permits for chicken keeping in Pittsfield are provided through a Special Permit granted from the Zoning Board of Appeals under Section 9.204 of the Zoning Ordinance and the “Guidelines for the Keeping of Chickens” document.