Filing a Claim

In the event that you believe you have been harmed by an action of the City or a City employee working for the City, you may file a claim against the City.  A claim is an important legal document therefore you may wish to seek the legal services of a lawyer.  In the event that you chose not to do, please complete the City of Pittsfield Claim Form and return it to the Office of the City Solicitor at 70 Allen Street, Room 201, Pittsfield, MA 01201.

Please note:  Insufficient detail and explanation may result in delay in the processing or investigation of your claim.  The submission of this claim form is only for the purpose of facilitating the filing of a claim with the City’s insurance carrier.  However, there may be statutory prerequisites to satisfy in order to file such a claim against a municipality.