Thank you for your interest in holding your event in one of our City Parks!  The City has many parks, playgrounds and conservation areas available to host your event.  For a detailed directory of these areas and a convenient map, please refer to the City’s Park Brochure.  There may be a fee associated with rental of any of our park fields.

Pittsfield has developed a Special Event Checklist and Application Packet to help you plan out the logistics of your event.   Event sponsors are responsible for obtaining all proper licenses and permits, and abiding by the rules listed on said licenses.  

Please complete Page 1 and the Release/Hold Harmless Agreement portion of the application and return it to the Licensing Board Clerk in the City Clerk’s office no later than 45 days prior to the event.  Once you bring it to the City Clerk’s office, a scan will be taken of the application and the original copy will be handed back to you.  The application then must be brought in person to each department in the order they are listed on the bottom of the application for approval sign offs.  This process ensures that all City departments involved in Special Event permitting have an opportunity to review the event and provide guidance on additional permits and licenses that may be needed.

Because your event will be in a park, you must appear before the Parks Commission for approval of the use of the park for your event.  You will need to have signatory approval from all applicable departments, except for Community Development/Parks and the Licensing Board, prior to the meeting.  If your event is approved by the Park Commission, you will receive the signatory approval from Community Development/Parks at the meeting.

To get on a meeting agenda, you will need to submit the application to the City Clerk’s Office by 4:00 p.m. on the Monday one week before the scheduled meeting date.

The Parks Commission meets the third Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in room 203 of City Hall. A representative from the event organization must be present at the meeting.

Once you receive all the sign offs, your application will need to be returned to the Licensing Board Clerk in the City Clerk’s Office for final approval.

You are required to have the final authorized special event permit in a visible location at your event.

If you have any questions, please contact the Licensing Board Clerk by email at or call (413) 499-9363 or the Parks & Recreation Coordinator by email at or call (413) 499-9370.  The Licensing Board, located in the City Clerk's office, is open weekdays from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.