Special Event

Thank you for considering Pittsfield as the venue for your organization's special event.  The application process ensures that all City departments involved in special event permitting have an opportunity to review the event and provide guidance on additional permits and licenses that may be needed.  Applications are available from either the Licensing Board Clerk or the Recreation Activities Coordinator.  Their offices are located in City Hall at 70 Allen St.  Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.   Please come in person so that the application can be reviewed with you.

You can view out Special Event FAQ here.

Once you have received the Special Event Application Packet, the best practice is to begin by reading through the Special Event Checklist to determine what is needed for your event.  Permits, licenses and inspections may be required for your event.  Please check all of the applicable boxes in each section of the checklist.  Complete the application and return it to the Licensing Board Clerk in the City Clerk's office at City Hall.  Your application will be time stamped and forwarded to all departments.  The original will be handed back to you.  You must bring the application to each department for their review. 

Once you receive approval from all departments, return your application to the Licensing Board Clerk in the City Clerk’s Office for authorization.

All vendors must have a Hawker & Peddler license issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and then register that license with the Licensing Board in order to participate in your Special Event.

The authorized special event permit must be posted in a visible location at your event.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Licensing Board Clerk at 499-9363.  The Recreation Activities Coordinator can also provide guidance on the application process.  The Recreation Activities Coordinator's phone number is 499-9368.