The Engineering Division consists of three employees: the City Engineer, the GIS Coordinator, and the Environmental Engineer. The Division is located at 100 North Street, Floor M, Pittsfield, MA. Engineering provides support to the Water Division, Wastewater Treatment Plant Division, Highway Division, as well as other City departments.
Typical duties of the Engineering Division include:
- Contract administration of City road construction, reconstruction and maintenance projects
- Processing permit applications for any construction or demolition work occurring within City right-of-way and/or involving public services & utilities (streets, sidewalks, water, sewer, storm drain)
- Document regulatory compliance for storm water runoff and the City’s landfills
- Maintain assessors, street and utility maps
- Maintain material and construction method standards and details
- Respond to citizen inquiries and concerns