For your convenience, effective September 10, 2018, the City of Pittsfield has adopted online permitting for the submittal of Special Event Permit Applications.
Paper permit applications will no longer be accepted as of September 10, 2018. If you do not own a computer or if you need assistance using a computer, both are available. Computer kiosks are located on the mezzanine level of 100 North Street, in the Health Department, Department of Public Utilities, and Building Inspectors offices. Assistance can be obtained by contacting the Clerk’s office at (413) 499-9361 during normal business hours. Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:00pm.
- Applicants will no longer have to obtain signatures from other departments when submitting a permit application, as this process will be done internally between departments. However, should a department need to meet in person with the applicant; an email or chat will be sent to the applicant with the pertinent information.
- Applicants can pay for their permit online with their Visa, Master Card, Discover, Amex, or debit from a checking account. The fee is $25.00 which includes the fee for online payments.
APPLICANTS WHO REGISTER, (this takes less than 5 minutes) will benefit by the following:
- Much of the information will auto-fill on the permit application after your original registration.
- Applicants have the ability to view the status of their application and comments from other departments, including whether additional information is required.
- Edit an application before the permit is issued.
- Add attachments (plans, pictures, specs, license(s), certificates of insurance, etc.) to the application.
- The capability of “chatting” online directly with the any City of Pittsfield department staff involved in the application process.
- Track all permitting history.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
Step 1) Pop up blockers: Pop up blockers in Windows must be shutoff.
Step 2) If you will be a registered user - Register with Full Circle Technologies, Inc. Note: If you currently have a user id for the Clerk's program you may use your login and password. If you have never used the Clerk's program you must create a new user account.
Step 3) Apply for a permit by visiting the City Clerk’s online permitting page.
FILLING OUT A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT APPLICATION, (after you have logged onto the online permitting website).
- Click on New Application located at the upper left hand side of the home page form.
- Choose your street from the drop down menu.
- Choose your street number from the pulldown menu.
- Complete the remaining fields
- Note: fields with a red * are required fields.
- Select the appropriate permit application from the dropdown menu.
- Select Next
- The Special Event Permit Application Checklist will then need to be read and filled out with any pertinent information pertaining to your event. When finished, click submit.
Because your event will be in a park, you will need to appear before the Parks Commission for approval; this will be the third sign-off (Community Development/Parks). To get on a meeting agenda, you will need to submit the application packet to the City Clerk’s Office by 4:00 p.m. on the Monday one week before the scheduled Parks Commission meeting date. The Parks Commission meets the third Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in room 203 at City Hall. A representative from the event organization must be present at the meeting and bring the application packet with them.
Once you receive approval from the Parks Commission, you need to receive the remaining approval sign offs from the departments listed at the bottom of the application and return the application packet to the Licensing Board Clerk in the City Clerk’s Office for final approval. The approval sign off from the Parks Commission will be contingent upon approval from the other departments listed.
The authorized special event permit must be posted in a visible location at your event.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Recreation Activities Coordinator at 499-9368. The Licensing Board Clerk can also provide guidance on the application process. The Licensing Board Clerk’s phone number is 499-9363.
For more information on Special Events, click here