Welcome to the City of Pittsfield’s Planning and Zoning Online Permitting program.
We are happy to offer residents and businesses the opportunity to save time and travel while improving efficiency. A guide is provided below that explains how to register as a new user of the online permitting website for the following services:
- Zoning/Sign Board of Appeals Application
- Community Development Board Site Plan Review Application
- Community Development Board Special Permit Application
- Community Development Board Special Permit and Site Plan Review Application
- City Council Special Permit Application
How to Begin:
- Log-in or, as a new applicant, click on the designated button at this link: http://permiteyes.com/berkshire/pittsfield/planning/user_login.asp
Paying Fees Online:
You may pay your application fees and property registration fees online with either a checking account or debit/credit card. There is a convenience fee for any of these options. For Credit Payments it is 2.95% of the total transaction (minimum fee of $1.00). Checking Account/Electronic Check payments are $.40.
Adding Attachments to an Application:
After you submit your application, a page appears notifying you that your application has been received. Click on the exit button at the bottom of the page, and it will return you to the home page. Select your permit by clicking the circle in the column heading “A” on the far left side of the home page. On the far right of the page under the heading, “my Options”, click on the dropdown menu. Click on “add attachments” and follow the prompts to add site plans, certifications, etc.
If you do not have a computer to use or if you need assistance using a computer, both are available at the Health Department located on the mezzanine level of 100 North Street.
To request a permit application document, call 413-448-9673 or visit the department, or email email@example.com.