Please be advised that on Thursday, June 8, the Pittsfield High School Prom will be held at Shire City Sanctuary (former Notre Dame Church) on Melville Street. Parking and traffic will be impacted between the hours of 2 and 7:30 p.m.
In order to accommodate the high volume of vehicles that line up for the prom drop-off, scheduled to take place between 6 and 7 p.m., organizers have been granted a special event permit.
Pittsfield Police will implement the following at approximately 2 p.m.:
- NO PARKING signs will be placed on the east side of North Street between Eagle and Melville streets, and along Melville Street. Parking will be prohibited in those areas until 7:30 p.m.
At 6 p.m.:
- Drop-off vehicles are expected to begin lining up along the shoulder of North Street in the northbound lane, and continue onto Melville Street.
- Melville Street from North Street to North Pearl Street will be closed to thru traffic.
- Melville Street from North Pearl Street to First Street will be closed. (Only residents of the Notre Dame apartments will be permitted to enter via First Street for the short period of time that this section of Melville is closed.)
- North Pearl Street will be closed to southbound traffic.
Spectators are encouraged to arrive by 6 p.m. and park in lot across from the Boys & Girls Club, or in the St. Joseph’s Church parking lot.
Traffic and parking is expected to return to normal by approximately 7:30 p.m.