Attention: Expired Security ID Badge Notice
The Pittsfield Airport is new and improved!!!
- We've increased the length of the main runway to 5,790 feet!!!
- Built larger compliant safety areas!!!
- Cleared obstructions from the approach and departure routes!!!
Please refer to our Airport Safety Improvements and Expansion page for more information on these $22.5 million in airport improvements.
The Pittsfield Municipal Airport, a regional general aviation airport owned and operated by the City of Pittsfield, offers business and casual travel access to the region via private and chartered aircraft ranging from single engine piston to multi-engine jet. The airport typically serves aircraft such as the Gulfstream V, the largest of the corporate class aircraft and, on occasion, narrow-body airliner class equipment. In addition to business related flights, the airport also serves medical air-ambulance flights, freight charters, military training operations and flight training. The aircraft operating areas are completely fenced and gated; only individuals badged or escorted by the Airport Manager have access into the airfield. As a further safety measure, the facility is continuously monitored by a system of closed circuit security cameras.
The Pittsfield Municipal Airport is under the care, custody and management of a seven member Pittsfield Municipal Airport Commission appointed by the Mayor. The Commission shall exercise all the powers and duties of airport commissions under the General Laws Chapter 90, Section 51E-N. This Commission is empowered by state law and is regulated by the MassDOT Aeronautics Division and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
The Pittsfield Municipal Airport Commission has the following primary functions:
- Provides airport infrastructure; marked asphalt runways, navigable airspace, taxiways, apron areas (36 acres), and to generate revenue for reliable and safe aircraft operations to accommodate both based and transient users.
- Provides for and manages:
- nine aircraft hangar ground leases that comprise over 70,000 square feet of building space and over 250,000 square feet of asphalt aircraft tie down and apron areas;
- the Westwood Industrial Park which includes seven leased lots with buildings totaling over 23 acres; and
- one terminal building that is handicap accessible with managed lease spaces to accommodate the fixed base operator for aircraft charter, fueling, maintenance, flight training, sales and general aviation services.
- Ensures and regulates aircraft fueling services which are provided to both based and transient aircraft as part of contractual services by the fixed base operator.
- Contracts with two national rental car agencies to provide rental car services for transient aircraft operators.
- Provides, manages, and maintains over 80 short and long term parking spaces.
- Manages public vending services that include soft drinks and snacks.
Airport FBO: Lyon Aviation